Thursday 11 February 2016

Time Machine

*ahem*

It has been a very long time since I wrote anything here. Life got in the way again! It has merrily skipped past me while I toil away at work and home, often giving me the finger as it goes. Don't get me wrong - I love my work and I love my family, so happiness is not in short supply. It's just the things that I set out to do haven't happened, for one reason or another. The main reason being lack of time and energy, but a big contributor is that I have simply preferred to spend my time with friends and family, rather than chasing the dream.

I don't know why, but I feel that it has to change. I love writing, and I really need to finish the novel I started years ago. This will mean reading it again, just to get my mind back in the place it needs to be in. I am actually looking forward to that, although I know that I will hate a lot of it too. It is an opportunity to do a quick edit as I go I suppose, silver lining and all that.

So I have written this as I reminder, for myself, that I should start again. Dust it off and let it run away with my imagination. There's no going back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment